jobs

jobs

Saturday 6 April 2013

silly people


Okay - so this is slightly a rant.....

I do not know how to majority of recruitment agencies get paid - i thought usually it is via when you get the job- they take a certain percentage of your salary from the company that has given you the role.
Well i am now thinking otherwise - could it also possibly be when they send you for an interview ??? if anyone knows this would be good.
Well earlier this week i received an email from a recruiter that i have spoken to before but i do not usually get anywhere with - there a bit lazy and pretty crap ( naming no names)
Well she basically emailed me and said i have role that has come up for you - could you let me know when this week you are free and we can go from there.
Firstly - she did not send me a job description - so i was like right okay.
emailed her back and said okay i do not mind going for an interview - But what is the job ? have you got a job description.
so from there she decided to email me 2 bullet points ???? 2 bullet points of something i did not understand.
I did not bother to reply - i thought to myself if you cant be bothered to send me a decent job description i am not going to bother either.
Well from there later in the day she decided to email me a time and day that she had booked me into  - And this time with a proper breakdown of the role.
This role is apparently something i do ? there was actually nothing on the job description i could relate to in any sense.
So i decide to email this lady back - "sorry but i don't think the role is for me i don't really understand the role at all looking at the job description "
so she emails me back - saying "oh can you phone me" - i called her and she basically made me feel so small  - she called me stupid and i was being dumb for not taking this opportunity.
So from there i said back to her - no i am not stupid - i don't understand why you are sending me for a job interview with a company i have been waiting for a role to come for a long time, I AM NOT GOING INTO AN INTERVIEW WITH A COMPANY LIKE THAT WHEN I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE ROLE AND MAKING MYSELF LOOK STUPID IN THE INTERVIEW.
well she said i was stupid and she put in the email not to read the job description - i did not see this .
So from there the conversation ended.
If you are a recruiter is customer service not something you are trained in ?
Yes i understand the market is very competitive but what is the point in sending a candidate to a role they don't know ?
would it not be better to send them to something they can actually relate to and have the possible chance of getting the job.
With so many people being out of work these days - i don't think it helps with them being sent to interviews that are pretty pointless.
I would like to know your views on this people - I want to know and name the bad recruitment agencies and why ? was it a particular person that you was dealing with ?
I just think if we can get a list together this would actually help people back into work instead of going to a pointless recruitment agency - that is going to send you to a director role when your a cashier girl - no offense.
OH and remember to follow me on twitter - Liamsbigblog - or LiamY

thank you :) and happy job hunting





1 comment:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete